Tuesday, October 03, 2023

Kanji journey

Ok, please don’t roll your eyes but I’ve decided that I want to go back in time and start my Japanese learning journey again, just as if I was sitting at a desk in that Takadanobaba language school all those years ago. So with that in mind I refound the old Kanji Clinic column that used to appear, and baffle me, in the Japan Times when I was a newcomer to Tokyo. My map for this journey will be Remembering the Kanji, a book I bought so many, many years ago, tried to master a couple of times, and then put right back down again. Well, I’m inspired to give it another go in the never say die attitude. And I do it as an expression of love for my old town and all the people that made me so welcome and were so kind to me. I just want to remember those times, as I Remember the Kanji.

No comments: