Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Kept my promise...

Sorry about the delay. Blogspot was acting a little screwey. Anywho, Sunday was beach day. 35 degrees, blue sky and my day off. A good call if you ask me, heading beach wise. We made tracks to Enoshima (correct spelling not guaranteed), which is apparently near Kamakura.
Lobbed down with some usual suspects (Irish Joe and Nozomi, J "BBQ sauce" W, Disco Dave, Mittens, Prudence from Melbourne and Christen from Alabama). We had a good old time in the sun and I was stoked to get into the water, until I actually got into the water. Oh boy. It was like submerging myself in a warm, crowded trash and urine soup! I'm pretty sure I swallowed a band-aid, along with about six gallons of the filthy, tepid broth. I remember turning around at some point and seeing a unit in gogles standing there with a foot long string of mucus hanging off his chin, smiling happily. He certainly does not appear in the following shots...unfortunately.















A good crew. Each one as pastey as the next, excluding Mittens who's got the white towel wrapped around her head.















Not a bad view.















Is it just me or is the building getting closer?

My God, but the water was stuffed with people. Fuller than a butcher's dog it was. And as the water borne crowd floated about the place, a great cheer went up with every break, or ripple, that bore down at no more than .005 of a knott upon them. Good times were had by all! We'll probably do it again next week...

No comments: