Friday, August 12, 2005

No news is good news...

I've just spent the last couple of hours having a look at this podcasting business. Sounds like fun but so far beyond my meager computer skills. I'll continue to attempt to get my head around it so as I can start posting my own audio stuff up here...or on another blog linked to this one most probably. Aside from that, a pretty uneventful day all told. I'm currently desperately broke which is just too depressing to even think about. Payday's on Monday but it's all just going to fly and fritter away, here and there, until after, oh, perhaps a week, I'll be back in my current situation counting down the hours to payday once again. Goodness me. What an existence. And can you guess where most of my hardearned ends up?















Not that I've ever set foot in this place. It's a little izakaya near my apartment but after a three year-plus residence in the neighborhood, I haven't bothered to venture inside. However, I do like the look of all the sake bottles lined up outside the window. Pardon? Did someone ask "What's an izakaya?" Probably not, but just in case, it's basically a casual place to eat and drink. In your land, such an establishment might be dubbed a restaurant. Amazing, eh?















This is not the one in the top picture. It'd have a touch of Lewis Carroll about it, if it were. A tiny, dark old door in the dead of night leads into a great, noisy beer hall, packed with drunks and men playing accordions and hobbits. Hmmm, maybe I ought to take a second look after all (next payday naturally).

No comments: